Rare and Uncommon Cancers Fellowship - 2010
Recipient: Dr Susie Bae.
Having seen the value in the work carried out by the H.E.A.R.D. group and its involvement with the CART-wheel project, it was decided to support this immense task and in 2010, the PBF opened a 2 year Fellowship gift to support the directions of the project.
The Fellowship was awarded to the Royal Melbourne Hospital and their decision was to choose Dr Susie Bae as the recipient for her ongoing research in Medical Oncology.
CART-WHEEL is the Center for Analysis of Rare Tumors but also means...
- Collect information from many people
- Analyse the information about rare tumors
- Research new discoveries for rare tumors
- Treat rare tumors more effectively
CART-WHEEL project is approved by Melbourne Health Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC 2007.260)
Research projects with CART Wheel include:
- Bone and Soft Tissue (Sarcoma) research
- Breast tumours
- Central Nervous System
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia
- Head and Neck
- Very Rare Tumours